Blog Archive

15.11.17

the kind of dream we all talk about

the hands to hold, the shoulder to rest on, the arms that feel like home.
I am currently out of love, don't get me wrong.

But, I am, dear world,
--just a girl
who wants to be embraced in safe hands.
who wants to come home to the person who gladly hugs me and ask "how's your day?"
and I, of course would rant over the fussy old uncle who doesn't want his blood to be drawn and wanted him, himself to be drawn out of the hospital bed instead.
More than the story, your attention is at my wan and weary eyes.
"so did you manage to get his blood test done?", while your fingers caress through my hair.

I can see your mouth pout while trying to get my hair in place, the childish pout you never realized you always have it on whenever you're focusing on something. As much as I want to continue telling you the rest of the things that I went through for the last 36 hours, I am suddenly calmed and relieved to come home to this.

And you know, how your eyes shine everytime like a blooming flower when you see the car you love on the road, so flipping happy and your smile curves more than usual. There are only two things that could make you like that, the car you love. And me.



You let time passes by just like that, just by letting me ponder upon your face while you smile and we stay like that for another minute.

The nothingness I have and this universe of you, the hands to pull you up again when you fall, the same story you told me 3 months ago but you forgot that you already did, the eyes I could spend million years getting lost in, the only shadow I would camouflage into, and the shoulder you could cry on.
I would be it all.
even for another lifetime, I would,
--Dear (future) love, for you



2 comments: